I redecorated my now 6 year old’s room for her birthday last week.
I have seen so many ideas for artwork on Pinterest, I new I could make something of my own.
I had previously went and picked out color swatches at Lowes in different shades of pink and yellow, and I had just bought two RIBBA frames from Ikea.
I went on a trip to Joanne’s with a 40% off coupon and some ideas, but needed a little inspiration. That is when I saw these cute little pre-cut fabric pieces for $1.99.
The ideas started flowing.
First I thought I would do something like this. My idea was to use a circle punch and create an ombre look with the different shades of pink and yellow.
Then I found the cute fabric, and thought maybe I will just frame the fabric.
After leaving the store and getting some Sonic, this is what I came up with.
Are they not adorable?
I love the mixture of colors and prints. They are happy and bright, just like my little girl.
Here is how I made them.
- I wrapped a piece of card stock 81/2 X 11 with the fabric. I cut the fabric down to size and just folded it around the card stock like wrapping a package. I stapled the edges together.
- I then cut a heart shape out of another piece of card stock, and used it as a stencil. I free handed the number six.
- I used tacky glue to paste the cut out circles to the fabric. It worked like a charm.
- I placed a giant Atlas over the piece so it would dry and be pressed at the same time.
Add a scrapbook letter A to each piece and Voila! Cute little wall art for my sweet girl’s room.
I felt so crafty.
These are pinnable if you ask me.
Cost of project:
- RIBBA frames from IKEA – $9.99 I bought two so I spent $20.
- Fabric sqaures from Joanne’s – $1.99 I bought four so that was $6.
- Paint swatches were free
- I already had the glue, staples, and big book.
So without the coupon, I basically spent $26 for art work for my daughter’s room. The best part is I can change it out every year as her room changes, or reuse the frames for something else.
It really made me feel creative which is something I have not felt in a long time.
Maybe I will make something else. I have a blank wall above my bed, and some pallet wood in the garage.
My husband really liked this picture.
I am thinking maybe words from my favorite Beatles song. Who knows.
Have you created a masterpiece lately?