Side note…. Chick-fil-a had a booth outside in the pouring rain giving away free breakfast sandwiches this morning. They are awesome, and my belly is happy!
Do you want to have lean legs and a firm butt that will help you have amazing sex while looking 5 years younger and staying slim, calm and sexy? Then this is the magazine for you!
I love Women’s Health. It is the only magazine I read cover to cover. There is a little bit of everything in there. Food, fashion, exercise, and just enough research to keep this nerdy science girl happy!
I got this months edition in the mail today with my Food Network Magazine. That is New Years’ resolution irony at its best.
Anywhoo, this edition is great, and I thought it was my duty to share with you what I have learned.
- On page 12, I learned that one cup of spaghetti squash only has 42 calories, and an orange peel contains more vitamin c than the fruit itself.
- Old navy is introducing an Active clothing line. (Thought I would mention an advertisement since they are everywhere)
- Did you know that the average american drinks 385 calories from surgery drinks a day, and that the American Heart Association recommends no more than 450 calories from sugary drinks a week. Well, you would if you read page 23. Holy crap!
- Page 44 says that Olive oil is one of the best natural cures for cracked hands and cuticles.
- I am a pear shape, like many woman, and apparently, I should be wearing a drop crotch style pant because it conceals a bigger bottom and fuller thighs. It would also make you look like MC Hammer. Page 48.
- Autoimmune diseases fascinate me. Read about some examples on pages 78-81, and remember this is a magazine not your doctor.
- On page 85, there is a list of the 10 best and worst cities when it comes to the healthiest cities for women. I am happy to say that two cities in Texas made the the top ten healthiest. I even work in one of them.
- Pears, grapefruit, and tomatoes, are some examples of “slim foods”, while berries, oysters, and asparagus are examples of “calm food”. If you are looking for “sexy foods”, then you need to be eating things like eggs, steak, coffee, or watermelon. You can read all about it on pages 88-95
- Want to talk dirty during sex, then there is even an article for you on pages 109-111.
- Every one needs a mental fitness plan. To exercise you intelligence, you can try learning a musical instrument, meditating, or learning to juggle. There are studies out there that talk about how working out can strengthen your brain. This was one of my favorite articles to read (nerdy girl). Page 120.
Now, my absolute favorite thing about about this magazine is the “Ask the Guy Next Door” section. It is fabulous! Some questions he was asked this month were:
- Why are guys so fascinated with boobs?
- My new boyfriend watches porn everyday. Is this normal?
- The guy I am dating wants to know how many men I have slept with, and should I tell him?
I have to say, his answers are always very good. If you want to know what his answers were, I guess you will just have to go and buy the magazine.
I wonder what I will learn in next months edition?
I wonder if reading magazines exercises my brain?
I do know that the Dora the Explorer I am having to watch right now is not!